Riding the Waves of Change Smiling (Mental Health Awareness for Seniors)
The COVID-19 pandemic has raised concerns about mental health issues in the community, and in particular, among seniors. According to data from the World Health Organisation in 2017, approximately 15% of adults (aged 60 and over) suffer from a mental disorder.
“Riding the Waves of Change Smiling’’ is a 6-hour workshop that introduces seniors to mental well-being and common issues that affect it. The course also provides experiential learning and practical tips on how to promote and maintain mental well‐being, as well as build one’s resilience for successful ageing.
The course also provides experiential learning and practical tips on how to promote and maintain mental well‐being, as well as build one’s resilience for successful ageing.
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
1. Be aware of common mental well-being Issues faced by seniors.
2. Know of approaches, techniques, and resources to prevent and manage these common mental well-being issues.
3. Acquire a positive outlook toward ageing.
Course Provider Credit Counselling Singapore
Net Course Fee Payable
S$27.00 per person (inclusive of GST) for Singaporeans & PR aged 50 & above (after NSA subsidy)
S$107.00 per person (inclusive of GST) for others
Please note that the Net Course Fee paid is non-refundable. CCS may allow a change of course date provided there is a valid reason and vacancy in subsequent course dates.
1. To confirm your place for the course, complete your registration by submitting this online form. You will receive an acknowledgement email upon successful submission of your registration information. You may have to check your junk mail folder if you did not receive the email in your inbox.
2. A course confirmation with payment instructions will be sent you via email between 1 to 3 working days after we have received your registration information.
3. A pre-course instruction will be sent to you via email before commencement of the course.
Payment can be made via the following ways:
By UEN: 201607267C001
By QR Code (scan the QR Code with your mobile device)
2. Internet Banking Funds Transfer
Organisation: Credit Counselling Singapore
Name of Bank: DBS Bank Limited
Bank Code: 7171
Branch Code: 033
3. Using SkillsFuture Credits
If you have sufficient SkillsFuture Credits, you may use your SkillsFuture Credit to pay the net course fee.
The National Silver Academy (NSA) is a network of post-secondary education institutions (PSEIs) (i.e. ITE, polytechnics, universities and arts institutions) and community-based organisations (CBOs) that offer learning opportunities that are subsidised for seniors. Seniors and PRs aged 50 years and above can look forward to attending short courses and bite sized courses that are exam free.
For courses run by community-based organisations, the final fee payable by seniors (both Singaporeans and PRs) takes into account the support given by the government to community-based organisations to develop and offer the short courses.
Find out more about National Silver Academy at www.nsa.org.sg.
About Council for Third Age (C3A)
The Council for Third Age (C3A), set up in May 2007, is an agency which promotes active ageing in Singapore through public education, outreach and partnerships. As an umbrella body in the active ageing landscape, with its focus on senior learning and volunteerism, as well as positive ageing, C3A works with and through partners to help third agers age well. C3A is appointed to administer the National Silver Academy (NSA).